Receive 5 lbs of Chiddam Blanc de Mars soft white wheat each month for six months, Dec 2021-May 2022. Chiddam Blanc de Mars is grown by Farmer Mai and freshly milled by Grist and Toll into luxurious, pillowy whole wheat flour. Their careful processes retain this heirloom wheat's nutrients and aromas of tea leaves, pecan, and honey.
Shares are available only as pick-up the third Thursday of each month from:
- Pasadena - Grist & Toll
- Los Angeles - Friends & Family
- Santa Monica - Gourmandise School
- Ventura - TBD
- Santa Ana - Crece Co-op (Sat) and Alta Baja (Sun)
- La Jolla - Wayfarer Bread
- San Diego - HomeEc
Any shares that are not picked up within a week of drop-off will be donated.
We're happy to offer sliding scale pricing again this season after hearing how helpful it was. Share tiers correlate with price, while product remains the same. The tiered pricing enables people in our grain community to directly support one another.
- A shares carry the standard share price that ensures farmer and miller are compensated for their quality work. $250 per share.
- B shares: by participating at this level, you are going a step beyond, paying your share as well as subsidizing Share C. Order by Nov 12. $350 per share.
- C shares are priced to allow people experiencing budget constraints to still purchase this healthful and beautiful flour. $150 per share. Share availability is contingent on purchases of Share B, so will open starting Nov 12.
Note on checkout: You'll be asked for a shipping address and will be calculated for free shipping. We will not ship any orders and will use shipping addresses to determine which site you'll pick-up from. We will send you a confirmation email for pick-up site.
Chiddam heads by Farmer Mai
Chiddam bowl by Farmer Mai
Chiddam cakes by Grist and Toll